Random Acts of Sockness!
Most random acts of kindness are spontaneous: holding a door open for someone, picking up a pencil someone dropped, stopping to help fix a flat tire, offering to jump start a car battery, or giving someone a ride. A situation presents itself and a simple act of kindness solves the problem.
Many acts of kindness cost nothing except time. Some have financial expenses however minimal. Still others can cost a lot of money. The cost is not seen as burden but a part of the kindness. In fact, for most people, the random act of kindness is not anything out of the ordinary. It is just something that is done. Nothing is expected in return. Often the person or people performing the random act of kindness are anonymous and/or just fade into the crowd.
Other random acts of kindness are more deliberate and planned. The random part is who the beneficiary of the act of kindness will be. You can plan deliberate acts of kindness with socks from SammySocks Etc. These are called Random Acts of Sockness!
A new pair of socks is inherently a good thing. It is new, fresh, clean, often colorful, and positive. You can perform Random Acts of Sockness! with socks from SammySocks Etc. You can buy your socks from anywhere, but when you buy your socks from SammySocks Etc., you help us grow so we can hire adults with differing abilities.
You can perform Random Acts of Sockness! with socks from SammySocks Etc. in many wonderful ways. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Buy 1 pair of socks for $1.00 through our Customer Sock Donation Program. We donate the socks to the Hope Alliance of Round Rock, Texas. This organization is a secure center and emergency shelter for those affected by family and sexual violence.
2. Buy socks from our Socks That Support Causes Program and we will donate $1.00 for each pair purchased to either the Autism Society of Texas or Texas Parent to Parent.
3. Buy several pairs of our socks and donate them on your own to a local homeless shelter.
4. Buy several pairs of our socks and give them to a friend - out of the blue!
5. Buy several pairs of our socks and give them to a complete stranger.
6. Buy a sock gift bag or box and give them to a loved one when it is not their birthday, anniversary, or any gift-giving holiday.
7. Buy a sock subscription for someone you love and have us send it to them. We have subscriptions for 3, 6, and 12 months for 1 or 2 pairs of socks for children, women, and men.
8. Buy a meal for a neighbor and add several pairs of socks from SammySocks Etc.
We will send you Random Acts of Sockness! certificate signed by Sammy, the Sammy of SammySocks Etc. certifying that you have performed a Random Act of Sockness! You can frame it and put it on your living room wall right next to that fish that sings plaque and that picture of you wearing a lampshade at last year's holiday party.
If you would like to receive a Random Act of Sockness! certificate with your sock order, please type "Random Acts of Sockness!" along with your name in the box titled "Special note to seller" in your cart before you checkout. We will include the certificate with your order. You can see a sample of a Random Acts of Sockness! certificate right here.
We would also like you to take a picture of you holding your certificate and send us a copy. We will put it on this page. You can also include a photo of you performing the Random Act of Sockness!
So, get some socks from us and get out there an perform Random Acts of Sockness!